Choosing a Pushchair
Before buying a pushchair for your baby or young child you need to make sure that you buy a pushchair that is safe and well manufactured. This doesn't just mean that the pushchair will last for as long as possible but also means that it will be safe for your child.
There are various kinds of options when it comes to choosing a pushchair and you'll need to take the age of your child into consideration too as not all pushchairs will be suitable for all ages. Popular types of pushchairs available at the moment include:
- Travel Pushchairs - these pushchairs are often popular with parents of young babies as the seat is actually a removable car seat that is fitted on to a frame so there is a dual use here.
- Multi Pushchairs - if you have twins or need to get more than one child in a pushchair then you will need to look at this option. There are various designs here. For example, you can buy side by side pushchairs or pushchairs that have seats fitted on top of each other.
- Stroller/Buggies - strollers and buggies tend to be lighter weight pushchairs and may not all be suitable from birth.
- Three Wheeler Pushchairs - these pushchairs have a triangular shape and three wheels instead of four.
- Two in One or Three in One Pushchairs - these pushchairs allow you to change from a pram to a pushchair and maybe even to a car seat according to the design.
It is also important to think about your needs before buying a pushchair as well. If you will be going in and out of shops or on public transport a lot then you may not want a super wide model that cannot be collapsed. You also need to make sure that you feel comfortable with the weight of the pushchair before you buy it.